Thursday Registration Deadline For Caltrans Planning Conference In L.A.
This Thursday is the deadline to sign up for Caltrans’ 2015 California Transportation Planning Conference: Partnering for Sustainable Transportation. The conference will take place from Wednesday through Friday December 2-4 at the Millenium Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles.
Some of the #CTPC2015 conference highlights include:
- Presentations by Caltrans leadership including:
– Malcolm Dougherty, Director of Caltrans
– Kome Ajise, Chief Deputy Director, Caltrans
– Carrie Bowen, Caltrans District 7 Director
- Speakers including numerous livable transportation leaders:
– Seleta Reynolds, General Manager, Los Angeles City Transportation Department (LADOT)
– Bill Fulton, author of The Reluctant Metropolis and Guide to California Planning, now head of the Rice University Kinder Institute of Urban Research
– Victor Mendez, Deputy Secretary, United States Department of Transportation
– Will Kempton, Executive Director, California Transportation Commission
– Wade Crowfoot, Deputy Cabinet Secretary and Senior Advisor, Office of the Governor
– many more including: Juan Matute, James Rojas, Michele Martinez, Stuart Cohen, and Rick Cole
- tour of the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center (ARTIC)
Caltrans’ Jacqueline Hodaly emphasizes that the 2015 Planning Conference will be a great way to get up to speed on lots of new legislation and programs – from the latest federal transportation bill, to recent CA legislation, to statewide greenhouse gas emission reduction initiatives. Hodaly emphasizes that this year’s conference will not be overly top down, but will feature open discussion formats where participants can dialogue with experts and with each other. There will be an emphasis on partnerships, focusing on how leaders, agencies, businesses, communities, and others can work together to implement multi-modal projects, active transportation solutions, and great places.
Attending the conference costs $400, though there are substantial discounts for students, nonprofits, and tribal governments. Sign up online via EventBrite.