- SF Supes to Vote on Slow Streets–but will it be a Network? (SFStandard)
- Oakland Plans to Reduce Speed Limits Along Business Corridors (Oaklandside)
- More on Great Highway Park Closures (SFExaminer)
- LA's Union Station Opens Exhibit on Yellow Cars (SGV Tribune)
- New Protected Bikeway Coming to West Hollywood (Beverly Press)
- Freight Traffic on Hold as Rail Lines Shift in San Clemente (Union-Tribune)
- California Home Ownership Dips to 55% (OC Register)
- It's Hard to Believe How Many Cities Fell for Musk's Boring Company Grift (WSJ)
More from Streetsblog California
California Has to Stop Building Freeways. Now.
"People aren't used to thinking of freeways as fossil fuel infrastructure, but they are." And once built, there's no going back, no making up for the extra driving by trying to convince people that a bus or train might be a better choice - we're stuck with it.
Metro September 2023 Board Committee Round-Up: C Line, 91 Freeway Widening, and More
Transit ridership and freeway funding are up. $14 million for MicroTransit was postponed. South Bay C Line extension draws both controversy and support. Law enforcement, Taylor Swift, bus lanes, and more!
Pols: Congress Must Bolster Sustainable Commutes to Reduce Carbon and Congestion
The feds should bolster sustainable commuting modes and transportation demand management strategies.